Well hello there! I’m back here, at Kelly’s, with something yummy for you! I’m sharing a scrumptious breakfast recipe, although quiche makes a nice brunch and lunch as well. This Vegetable Medley Quiche never stands a chance at my house and is always gone in a flash!
Is everyone in “back to school” mode? I know we are! It’s double “back to school” time here since the little man and I are both going back this month. I’m not a huge summer fan because of the heat but I really, really don’t want summer to end. It’s just so nice to have the little guy at home and not having to burn the midnight oil over textbooks. Why do good things have to end?
This is one of the few good things that doesn’t have to end … delicious food! You can remake all your favorite dishes over and over.
This quiche is very popular at my house. It’s actually a much bigger deal than you might think! See, my husband is not a vegetable eater at all and my son is starting to be pickier and pickier. When I first made this quiche, it went something like this…
Hubby: “Ewww, it has broccoli in it!”
Me: “Eat it! It’s really good!”
Him: “But it has broccoli and other green stuff in it!”
Me: “Humor me…just try it!”
…Took a tiny …
Him: “MMMM…did you know that it’s really good?!”
He ate the whole thing and asked for seconds! Yeap… I did know that it’s that good! It’s also really simple to make and re-heats nicely, which is great during the busy week days.
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream (substitute plain Greek yogurt for less fat)
Fresh cracked pepper
3/4 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
1/4 cup finely chopped zucchini
1/4 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
1/3 cup small broccoli florets
2 tbs minced sun-dried tomatoes
1 refrigerated pie crust
- ~Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- In a medium pan, saute the chopped vegetables on medium heat until they reach desired softness. Add some salt and pepper and set aside.
- Lightly grease a pie dish. Roll out the dough in the pie dish and even out the edges. Spread 1/2 cup of shredded cheese on the bottom of the dish.
- Spread the vegetables over the cheese, evenly.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture slowly and evenly into the pie crust.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes. (The center will still giggle but will not be runny.)
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com